There are certain conditions that require pre-medication with an antibiotic prior to dental treatment to prevent adverse effects and infection that can be caused by bacteria that enter the blood stream during certain treatment. You will want to consult with your dentist about this prior to treatment.
- I have dentures. Is it necessary for me to still see my dentist?
- I am undergoing chemotherapy and/or radiation for cancer treatment, how can this affect my mouth?
- Why do I have to take antibiotics before my dental appointment?
- I just found out I am pregnant. How can this affect my mouth?
- I have diabetes. Why is my dentist concerned?